FlashRunner III Series
Manufacturer-Specific In-System Programmers
- Fast and Reliable for the Industrial Environment
- Programming Algorithms as Fast as Memory Technology Limit
- Easy Integration in Programming Lines (ATE, ICT, Test Fixtures)
- Supports a Silicon Manufacturer of your choice
FlashRunner III series (patent pending) is a range of high-performance, standalone In-System Programmers specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner III series is targeted at production environments and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device's memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers
- Easy ATE integration
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card, FAT16 compatible)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or Secure Digital card is CRC tagged)
FlashRunner III supports a Silicon Manufacturer of your choice.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint.
- 7.5V DC power supply input
- Five digital I/O lines
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines
- One programmable output voltage (0 to 5.5V, 0.5A)
- One programmable clock output
- Secure Digital memory card (up to 2 GB)
- I/O protection
- One command inputs (START)
- Three status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY)
- RS-232 channel
FlashRunner's open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 (Host mode)
- Via "scripts" stored in its SD card (Standalone mode)
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory card (FAT16)
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument's firmware, etc.
The FlashRunner III series includes models for device manufacturer such as Atmel, Fulitsu, Freescale, Infenion, Microship, NEC, NXP, Renesas, Silicon Labs, STMicroelectronics, Texas etc. Feel free to contact us for further information.